I hear from a lot of you that you have essential oils but you want more ideas on how to use them. You hear they can be useful in many ways, but you bought lavender for calming and have no idea what else to use it for. We want the best value for our dollar, right?!?
One of the reasons I fell in love with essential oils was for their versatility. I’ve never had buyers remorse over an oil. There are just too many possibilities! (I can’t say that about any of the other natural remedies I’ve bought for my kids.)
1. Seasonal Environmental Support. With the warmer weather and longer days, comes environmental threats which kids from hard places tend to be more reactive to. Essential oils can promote clear breathing and respiratory function.*
2. Toxin-free cleaning. Similarly to pollen, kids from hard places can be more reactive to toxins. Plus, we have enough head tension in our lives from stress, we don’t need to get it from cleaning, too. Cleaning with oils is effective and safe for pets and kids.
3. Gardening. One of the trickiest parts of having a successful garden is keeping bad pests out and attracting good bugs in. Insecticides contain harmful chemicals that could be dangerous to pets or family members. Essential oils contain powerful properties but are safe.
4. Uplifting Mood.* Even with the sun shining, sometimes we still need help feeling energized.
5. Immune Function.* While I’d like to think the sun is blasting away all the nasty stuff, there are still some seasonal threats out there.
6. Sandal-ready Toes. Our toes need a little TLC before they make their spring flip-flop debut! Scrub them down with an invigorating peppermint sugar scrub to get them looking their best. Create a scrub by combining 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of liquid coconut oil. Add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil.
7. Preserve Produce. It’s strawberry season where I live. A quick oil soak kills off the spores that cause premature rotting. Place berries in a glass bowl and cover with cool water. Add a splash of white vinegar and a drop of essential oil.
8. Soothing Sore Muscles.* If your body is screaming at you after a long run or a day of gardening, essential oils to the rescue! Add a drop of your favorite oil to a glob of coconut oil and massage into your muscles for a soothing effect.
9. Repelling Bugs. I’m a mosquito magnet. It’s so bad that my husband can use me as bug repellent because they’ll bite me over him. We also get armies of tiny, black ants in our house that find every. single. blessed. crumb. Using an essential spray can repel unwanted pests.
10. Freshen the Air. Essential oils have powerful cleansing and purifying properties when diffused into the air. If your child won’t leave a diffuser alone, make a room spray by adding 20 drops of essential oil to a 4oz. spray bottle of water, witch hazel, or vodka.
How are you using your essential oils this spring?Check out these 10 ways to use your essential oils this spring! #essentialoils Click To Tweet
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
+This post contains affiliate links.