The Adoption Connection Podcast
You will gain confidence in your parenting and hope for your family's future.
We offer hope, share wisdom, and mentor you along the way. You are not alone.
You feel like you've tried everything but...
Imagine a world where...parenting challenging kids didn't include chaos and drama and you knew exactly what to do no matter what crazy behavior you were faced with.
- Nothing seems to work.
- Your kids don't trust you, and you don't trust them either.
- The behaviors seem to be escalating (lying, stealing, defiance...oh my!)
- The more you try to connect, the more they keep pushing you away.
- Shame seems to have the upper hand.
- You can't figure out what's normal teen and what's ADHD, FASD, RAD, trauma, etc.
- You're running out of patience and compassion.
- You just can't seem to win.
foster and adoptive mom
When we adopted as parent trainers, we thought we were prepared. We were wrong.
We spent three years in a constant power struggle and dying on all the wrong hills. It took almost losing our kids to get us to do something differently.
Now is your chance to learn from our mistakes. It's never too late.
As a certified life coach, Empowered to Connect Parent Trainer, adoptee, and adoptive parent, I've helped dozens of foster and adoptive parent shift to a brain-based view of behaviors so they can find more effective solutions besides threatening and punishing and become confident parents. I'm a mom to six kids by birth and adoption. They've taught me a lot about what creates thriving parent-child relationships…and what doesn't.