Because we allow ourselves to cheat on the grain-free thing 20% of the time, one family favorite snack is POPCORN! I experimented recently with how to incorporate essential oils. First, I tried popping it as usually and drizzling it with coconut and essential oils. It left a greasy mess in the bottom of the bowl that hubby was not a fan of. The winning method seems to be adding the essential oils directly to the popping oil.
What you need:
- 3 TBS of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of popcorn
- Essential oils* (we used 1 drop Cassia, 1 drop Invigorating Blend, and 1 drop Cardamom)
- Saucepan with lid
- Salt to taste
*Only use essential oils with supplement facts listed which shows they are safe for internal consumption.
What to do:
- Heat oils over medium heat.
- Add 2 or 3 kernels. Cover and wait for them to pop.
- Remove the pan from heat temporarily. Add the rest of the kernels. Cover and count to 30.
- Return the pan to the heat.
- Shake the pan occasionally and wait for the popping sounds to stop.
- Transfer to bowl and salt.
We found that even though the flavors were “sweeter,” the salt really brought them out.
What are you favorite flavors on popcorn?
We’ve chosen a specific brand of essential oils because of the company’s commitment to safety, sustainability, quality, and support. We believe life (including essential oils) is best done in community and this company has a similar mindset. Unfortunately, to protect myself from scrutiny from the FDA, I’ve chosen to not disclose the brand on my website. It’s crazy world we live in! If you want to learn more about who we chose and why, send me a message here. You can also sign up for my newsletter where I send out wellness tips, event invites, and ways to get FREE oils.