I want to be in denial, but the holiday shopping season is sneaking up on us.
I’ve also heard that you all have extra essential oils laying around. Maybe you never opened your box or you bought some BOGOs and promptly forgot why.
Never fear! I’m here to help you get the most value out of your investment.
No matter which oils you have collecting dust in a box, you can pair them with some simple ingredients for useful gifts for everyone on your list!
Recipes for citrus and mint essential oils
- Combine water and essential oil in an 8-ounce glass spray bottle or continuous mist sprayer.
Tip: Use more or less essential oil to control the strength of the aroma.
- Shake before each use.
- Combine sugar and Fractionated Coconut Oil in bowl.
- Divide mixture equally into two bowls.
- In one bowl, add red skin safe food coloring.
- Layer red and white scrub to create a ‘candy cane’ effect.
Recipe for floral essential oils
Bath Salt Ornaments
- Mix desired amount of Epsom salt in bowl and add some skin-safe colorant if desired
- Add dried herbs or flower petals to mixture for color and added aroma
- Add the essential oils of your choice; mix well
- Add the bath salt to plastic ornaments until full
- Once full, put the top of ornament back on
- When ready to use, add desired amount to warm bath
Recipes for herbaceous essential oils
¼ cup olive oil
1–3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar to taste
1 dried pepper (optional)
1–3 drops Oregano oil (start with a toothpick and progress toward drops for desired flavor)
- Gently mix together all ingredients in a bowl large enough to dip into.
- Dip favorite Italian style bread into bowl and enjoy.