This is the time of year when I love cooking. The garden has taken a back seat this year because of the coffee shop, but we’re still getting a handful of fresh produce. My favorite thing to do with squash (and even carrots and broccoli) is to make them into veggie fritters.
- Shred or chop veggie of choice. (I used a spaghetti squash for these photos which kind of self-shreds).
- Mix in enough egg to wet all of the veggie. You can also add in flax meal if you so feel incline.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also experiment with fresh herbs and other spices.
- Pan fry on medium-high heat until egg sets.
- Serve plain or with fresh salsa.
For one of my kids, this is one of the only ways he gets veggies into his system. If I make these, he even does it without complaining!
- Add curry spices and serve with plain yogurt.
- Add Italian spices and serve with tomato sauce
What will you try?