So if you really want guilt-free chocolate covered strawberries, you can dip them in 90% dark chocolate. (If you want organic, you have to go 85% or unsweetened). However, the whole double-boiler thing, the mess, then waiting for them to cool and harden is really beyond what my limited time for feeding my face can handle.
Instead, I’ve been throwing the following recipe in a blender for a treat that’s still tasty like chocolate-covered strawberries, has more wellness benefits, and takes a lot less time.
Ingredients for Chocolate Strawberry Shake that has added #wellness benefits Click To Tweet
Ingredients for Chocolate Strawberry Shake
3 to 5 strawberries depending on the size
2 scoops of chocolate protein powder*
1 scoop of greens* or a handful of dehydrated kale
3 ice cubes (or freeze your strawberries beforehand)
1 teaspoon of maca
The end result is frothy and satisfying. Plus, unlike actual chocolate-covered strawberries, it has protein, extra vitamins, and the power of maca.
Benefits if you use the same chocolate and greens powder as me
- Provides a convenient low-fat, low-calorie, high-protein, high-fiber, lean alternative for individuals trying to lose fat or maintain a lean body composition through calorie reduction and exercise.
- Helps control the release of the stress hormone cortisol, which is associated with the accumulation
of fat, particularly around the stomach, hips, and thighs.
- Helps control stress-induced appetite, overeating, and carbohydrate cravings.
- Provides essential amino acids to help prevent loss of muscle mass and muscle tone.
- Helps support blood sugar levels already in the normal range.
- Enhances energy levels while helping to alleviate fatigue commonly associated with dieting and exercise.
- Helps fight hunger cravings.
- Can help supplement your exercise efforts to help you control stress, maintain muscle mass, and maintain the shape you worked so hard for.
- Drink to combat fatigue from early morning workouts.
- Drink for breakfast to take the stress out of cooking a healthy, balanced meal.
- Can be used to replace meals with at least one well-balanced nutritious meal daily.
- Supports increased feelings of satiety.
- Contains ashwagandha to help manage appetite.
- Provides the body with essential nutrients.*
- Supports immune health.+
- Supports digestive health.+
- Supports weight management.+
+These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*If you want to find out where to get our favorite non-gritty chocolate protein powder and powdered greens, send me a message.